• TO ENABLE US TO PLAN AHEAD MORE EASILY we would ask clients to book your routine appointments at least 1 week in advance, and for vaccinations it would be advisable to book them at least 3 weeks before the due date should you fall ill and need to postpone your appointment.
Any horse which is fit to travel, that needs a procedure requiring a nurse to assist, will be asked to come into surgery for that procedure so that we can minimise the number of staff we have to send out.
• EMERGENCIES will still happen, and we will deal with these in the same way as we do currently.
• WHEN YOU CALL TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT you will be asked a few questions to ensure that the vet coming out to see your horse will not be put at in high risk contagious situation.
- Has either yourself or someone in your family/environment/ work- had a temperature/cough over the last 14 days?
- Are you in self isolation status regardless the reason for it?
- Have you been in contact with someone who was tested positive for the Coronavirus?
• We care about you and your horses state of health! We will do our best to make sure you can still take advantage of our service. However, considering the high infection rate of this virus we ask you to strictly follow our instructions when one of the vet’s is in attendance:
- Any person who is not directly involved in the visit of your horse must not be present at the examination.
- Where possible just one person should be present at the examination.
- Where possible keep 1 meter of distance from the vet at all time.
- If you wish to wear a face mask we will not be offended by this action.
• IF YOU ARE BRINGING A HORSE TO THE PRACTICE we ask that you stay in your vehicle and call us by phone to say you have arrived and a member of staff will come and get your horse. We also ask that you stay in your vehicle whilst your horse is being treated/assessed.
• ANYONE WHO WISHES TO COLLECT MEDICINE should not enter the office area. Medicines will be left in the box outside the main door.
FINALLY, SHOULD ANY OF OUR CLIENTS BE IN ISOLATION OR FEEL UNWELL, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO THAT WE CAN TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION OR BRING ASSISTANCE WHERE NEEDED FOR URGENT’ CASES.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE CHALLENGING TIMES.